Follow The Beginning Farmer's Wife on Facebook for additional personal peeks at building a family farm.

(Be sure to click both the Facebook "like" and "follow" buttons to not miss any posts.)

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Midnight Construction Snacks

Okay, so it's not midnight, but it's close enough. (11:10).

Ethan got done at the farm around 7 pm today. They got the 2nd coat of mud on. When he got home, he unloaded 1400 lbs of pig feed off of the trailer and into the shed here at the parsonage. We were able to load up our shopping list and the kids in the truck just in time for bedtime, and away we headed to Menards.

After completely filling the trailer and our Expedition with closet doors, room doors, mud, and a variety of other things, we were able to head back home. With a quick stop at Hy-Vee for Ethan's supper (Totino's pizza) and my 8th month of pregnancy craving (mac and cheese), we were able to get home at 10:45 pm.

We now have the kids in bed, and I am enjoying my Mac 'n Cheese.

Count down - 10 days until we have to be out of the parsonage and at the farm.

4 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Sounds like a late night - but a good one! Looks like it's coming along really, really well.
Kris

Anonymous said...

You are making me hungry! I love making it from stratch and they freezes well. Yum! I wish I could send you some more...

Does these Menards people now know you by your name?

McKrola Family said...

okay.. so I love your new place. I love that you made the ceilings nice and high! What type of flooring are you going to do? I seem to remember tile mentioned. Do you have a sample of it to show us.. paint colors etc..?

The Beginning Farmer's Wife said...

McKrola Family- We are excited with how everything is turning out. Keep checking back, because the paint colors should go on the walls soon.

As for the flooring, we are using Designer's Image stick down vinyl planks from Menards. They have the look and feel of wood flooring and are a lot more durable than a roll out vinyl. If you have a Walmart with a wood like floor, it is what they use.

I wish I could explain it better. my dad, who is a woodworker and quite picky with wood things, was surprised by their quality and look. We got them for 99 cents a square foot, but now they are up to $1.50 something a square foot.

I'll take a picture of our floor once they are in, but the floor might be awhile . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...