Follow The Beginning Farmer's Wife on Facebook for additional personal peeks at building a family farm.

(Be sure to click both the Facebook "like" and "follow" buttons to not miss any posts.)

Monday, August 18, 2008

The Des Moines Register Visits Stoneyfield Farm

Over the last few months the Des Moines Register has came out to our land to interview Ethan and learn more about what we are up to. We enjoyed visiting with the reporter and sharing our story.

This past Sunday was the last Sunday of the Iowa State Fair, and it is when they ran the article about our farm : A Farm is Born. We were surprised to see that we were interesting enough for our story and photos to take two pages! We feel the reporter did a nice job too.







Also, I can't forget to mention that my cousin Tim has helped us set up a website for our farm. You can now go to http://www.stoneyfieldonline.com to check us out. Tim did a great job as well!

4 comments:

sugarcreekfarm said...

Okay, I read the article online. (Loved it!) Then I remembered that I bought a Register yesterday (for the coupons,that's why I hadn't actually read it yet!) But I can't find the article in my paper. What section was it in?

anzela said...

Congrates on the publicity this weekend. I read the article & was touched.

anzela said...

Oh yah, I was glad to see you have a blog as well.
sugarcreekfarm - look in the Iowa Life section.

The Beginning Farmer's Wife said...

Thanks. :)

Sugarcreekfarm- We have wanted to ready your write up and have been looking all over for the magazine you are featured in, but can't find it. Any suggestions?

Anzela - You're right, the IowaLife section. Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...