Follow The Beginning Farmer's Wife on Facebook for additional personal peeks at building a family farm.

(Be sure to click both the Facebook "like" and "follow" buttons to not miss any posts.)

Friday, July 11, 2008

Secret House Plans

You might remember our original house plans from an earlier post. If not, here is the picture.Well, we have had an alternate plan that we haven't shown until last week. There are a few differences: We parked cars in our driveway, the storm shelter has moved from a basement to the mudroom slab (plans are from FEMA), and I rearranged the porch. But the main difference is something we had to keep silent to keep our secret.
A week ago, Ethan and I surprised our families with the announcement that we are expecting a baby in mid November! Next week I will be starting my sixth month of pregnancy. :)

In our original drawing plans, we had two bedrooms and an office. When we made these plans, we knew we were expecting, but we had decided we could make two bedrooms work. We could use the office for a bedroom for awhile if we needed and then eventually add another room in the storage area down the road. Ethan pondered the design for awhile and decided that it would be better to just relinquish some of the storage area and make the extra room right now.

I agreed with him. It will cost just a bit more now, but it will save a lot in remodeling. Also, it will be nice to know all of the areas that could have a little one sleeping will have a window in case of a fire.

As for the office, it was taken out and the furniture was scattered around the house. One desk will be in the living room and the other in the dining room. The bookcases will be against the hallway walls. I played with the design and furniture awhile on floorplanner.com (where you can scale all of your furniture to size and pick colors), and we found a set up that would work out.

Follow The Beginning Farmer's Wife on Facebook for additional personal peeks at building a family farm.

12 comments:

Dana Derks said...

Congratulations!!! Wow you have so much going on; but thats wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby - What a wonderful blessing! I am sure the kiddos are super excited. My husband and I are expecting our 4th in a couple of weeks! Praying for a happy, healthy "Farmer" baby! Good luck

QuiltedSimple said...

Congratulations on the new little one - and I love the new house plans!!
Kris

Tim said...

Make sure you put enough parking in so we can come visit! :)

Trela said...

I like the house design much better with the "extra" bedroom! Any room for daffodils in that front yard? I'm buying!

: )
T

Rebekah Costello said...

Congratulations, Mama!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby! God is Good. I like your new house plan also. Hope things continue to go well for you.
Amanda

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! Ü

The Beginning Farmer's Wife said...

Thanks everyone! We do have a lot going on, but it is a lot of excitement - which I don't mind.

Trela - You are so sweet. I will definitely have room for daffodils.

Tim- Plenty of room for parking. Feel free to bring a friend. :)

Julie said...

Congratulations! Wow six months along! I would have let my secret out long before then. I hope things continue to go well and as planned. You changes look great and maybe your husband could work out in the trailer if needed some quiet time.
I love the above ground storm shelter idea. I have those plans in a file someplace for whenever I get a place of my own (currently live in an apartment). I'd love to see pictures of the shelter during building and when completed. Thanks!

Tracy said...

You guys are great, great planners. Truly you inspire me!

Builders Glasgow said...

Great, nice addition to the home and the family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...