Follow The Beginning Farmer's Wife on Facebook for additional personal peeks at building a family farm.

(Be sure to click both the Facebook "like" and "follow" buttons to not miss any posts.)

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sweet Potato Update


This is about week 9 for this year's sweet potato sprouting. I am quite happy with how my potato sprouted this year compared to other years I have tried it. This year I looked for a potato in the store that looked like it already had some sprouts on it. (Sometimes there will be sweet potatoes in that are really smooth - most of these are probably treated to keep them from sprouting.)

Although I don't have a grow light on it this year, which does help speed up the growth of the sprouts, the sprouts are growing quite nicely. Hopefully soon I can pinch off some to root and let the potato continue to produce more sprouts.

1 comment:

Nance said...

I have Spring Fever so bad I can taste it! I have lettuce up, in the cold frame, and radishes and onions from seed, coming up under an old window pane. I have a pineapple top growing by the patio door and heirloom tomato plants sprouting in peat pots. I hope the tomatoes don't "dampen off". Is that the right term? The cucumbers come up and keel right over.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...