Follow The Beginning Farmer's Wife on Facebook for additional personal peeks at building a family farm.

(Be sure to click both the Facebook "like" and "follow" buttons to not miss any posts.)

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tonight I Sat in My Head

Tonight, while Ethan was at meetings, I unpacked a bit and then just sat. As I was staring into the kitchen, the weirdest feeling came. It was like I was sitting in my head . . . and in my computer . . . and in my file box.

Since February this whole project has not only consumed my mind, but is has been continuously passing through my thoughts, being drawn up on the computer, and shuffled through the file box. And tonight I was sitting right in the middle of it all, seeing it with my eyes. Very strange.

I do have to say, even with the flooring not completed, trim needing to go on, and boxes all over the place - it is exactly what I had envisioned. It is actually even better. When I look around, not only do I see what was in my head, but I also see the generosity and love of so many people who have helped out.

4 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Well said. And it looks great to boot (even with the boxes)!
Kris

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

How exciting! I have enjoyed following your husbands and your blog. We are kind of on the same path. So it is exciting to see all the boxes! We are still in the "filing cabinet"! Hoping to be where you are in the spring. It has been such a blessing to follow along. So much so that you have encouraged me to start a blog. Check it out if you like and see what you think. www.valentinecountrydreams.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! We too are on the same journey, only it's mostly in our "head" stage right now.

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

The kitchen is looking good. It is fun to watch your progress in pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...