Follow The Beginning Farmer's Wife on Facebook for additional personal peeks at building a family farm.

(Be sure to click both the Facebook "like" and "follow" buttons to not miss any posts.)

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sweet Potatoes :: Week 7


This week, on the warm days, I started putting my sweet potatoes outside on the porch in indirect sunlight. (Although I scooted them into the sun for the picture.)

The days I did this have been warmer outside than in the house so I decided that it is a good time to start to harden off the plants that I started inside. The exposure to the sun's rays and the gentle breeze will help make them stronger for when the go out into the exposed garden.

They come back inside in the evening since it still gets cool at night, but the time spent outside really seems to be good for them. As you can see, the leaves on my sweet potatoes have really broadened out and greened up.

I'm pretty sure next week I will start rooting the vine sprouts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sweet potatos are doing great! Mine are not doing so great:) We still only have a couple of shoots.

Congrats on the planning stage finally starting to become reality. I am so excited for you all. Blessings in your new home

The Beginning Farmer's Wife said...

Sea2Shore- Thanks for the encouragement. We are getting sooooo close to having the plans come together. I can't wait!

I'm glad that your sweet potatoes have some shoots still. Hopefully they'll take off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...