Follow The Beginning Farmer's Wife on Facebook for additional personal peeks at building a family farm.

(Be sure to click both the Facebook "like" and "follow" buttons to not miss any posts.)

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Garden Fencing

Things have been quite different around the farm with Ethan's torn achilles tendon.  I have pictures of my August garden, I just haven't had a chance to put my post together.  In an attempt to keep my blog going, I have a post from a guest blogger - our 8 year old son, Caleb.  Enjoy. :)



On August 22nd we had a work day to put fence around the garden to keep the animals out. It was at my house. We had family and friends come to help.

I helped dig holes and put posts in the ground. I watched and learned that the more square it is the better it looks. We used steel and wood posts, and we put the small wood posts 30'' in the ground and the big wood posts 36''. 

I had fun helping on Work Day.





3 comments:

Tim said...

Great post Caleb!

jj said...

Great job of writing, Caleb. You included so many details it was like being there on work day. I enjoyed seeing the pictures too.

Unknown said...

Pictures are telling a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you,
Garden fencing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...