Follow The Beginning Farmer's Wife on Facebook for additional personal peeks at building a family farm.

(Be sure to click both the Facebook "like" and "follow" buttons to not miss any posts.)

Monday, August 2, 2010

Still Waiting for a Harvest . . .


I have been waiting for a harvest all summer. I am still waiting, and I am also preparing. CSN has offered for me to do a review, and with their great selection of kitchen products like le creuset, I couldn't pass up the offer. Especially since my blender died last year during canning season, and I am hoping to still put up some produce this year.

Hoping is the key word, though. After my garden fizzled out with root rot this spring, I set my eyes on my blackberry patch - which was loaded with blackberries waiting to ripen. I got a couple of early handfuls, but last week the majority of berries dried up. All it took was one hot week without much rain. I did get some beans replanted finally last week, but this year I think I am just going to have to be dependent on the overflow from others if I hope to put away any food. Usually my parents have an abundance of apples so right now I am thinking applesauce.

So I will continue with hopes of a harvest and preserving while getting set up again thanks to the great products of CSNStores.com. I'm excited to share about my new kitchen gadgets soon, and if you get a chance, check out all of the great things they have to offer!

1 comment:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Becca, isn't that always the way ? Gadgets but no harvest, time but no money, money but no time. Farming is always a challenge, never boring. Good to see you blogging again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...