Follow The Beginning Farmer's Wife on Facebook for additional personal peeks at building a family farm.

(Be sure to click both the Facebook "like" and "follow" buttons to not miss any posts.)

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Stoneyfield Recap

This summer I spent quite a bit of time doing business related things. I set up our Stoneyfield Farm Facebook, we became certified to sell our meat by the cut, we sold some hogs by the half and whole, and I did a lot of bookwork. There is still quite a bit to do on the business side of things, but we are slowly being able to settle in and expand.

Here is the biggest project I have been working on lately - setting up pricing and packaging so we can sell our pork by bundles. Last night I finally got the last pieces together, and now we have Mix and Match Pork Samplers available. We don't have a lot available this time, but it's nice to be set up and able to expand. (You can click on the pictures to enlarge them.)


2 comments:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Becca, I too am the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) among other "titles" I hold on our family farm, so wanted you to know how much I appreciate your well organized , easy to read forms. Well done

Walter Jeffries said...

Congrats on getting so much setup. The paperwork, research and desk job end seems to take so much time. Glad to hear you are making progress with your farm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...