- Summer 2006: Felt led to step into farming a bit. Started exploring options.
- May 2007: Brought 6 chickens from Ethan's uncle to be backyard chickens at our house in town.
- August 2007: Purchased our first Dexter cattle. These stayed at Ethan's dad's 1 1/2 hours away.
- January 2008: Located 40 acres of CRP ground in prairie grasses with woods. Even though there were no utilities, structures, or fences - we thought it was the place for us. Started designing a house to build and started dreaming of a farming reality.
- April 2008: Purchased 40 acres of dirt, prairie grass, and trees.
- June 2008: Construction of house begins. (To see the process, click on the topic archive "Building our House"
- October 2008: Moved to the farm! (Just a month before Isaac was born.)
You can click here to see the progress on the house to do list and here to see the progress on the outside to do list from the perspective of the Beginning Farmer's Wife. To get the perspective and to do lists of the Beginning Farmer, you will have to head over to Ethan's blog.